Sunday, December 6, 2009

Keep Chickens!



Keeping chickens has been a common practice for thousands of years... one could say it is part of human nature, or at least it was, until the modern convenience of the supermarket. Although I do not keep chickens yet, keeping the birds for eggs has been a dream of mine ever since I tasted my first farm fresh egg about eight years ago. The topic of raising chickens in the city limits has always brought me peculiar and questionable looks, but it really is not that uncommon... and yes it is legal in the city of Louisville. I am allowed up to six birds, one of which can be a rooster... which is not recommended if you want to stay friends with your neighbors.
Anyways, I was daydreaming about the my backyard chickens today and wanted to share my thoughts on the subject. There is plenty of information about keeping chickens in the city, I especially like Mother Earth News, they are a great source for these kinds of topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment